Volunteering at Festival events
Community based festivals tend to run on the kindness and energy of volunteers, they really are the blood that keeps these festivals alive. In the past the Surrey Hills Music Festival has been lucky to have a good crop of able people to help with the running of it, but each year we need new people to fill old shoes and help us with the ever expanding scope of the festival. Volunteers get to be part of a vibrant community event, as well as various thank you events along the way.
Roles for Volunteers
Volunteers are everywhere through the fabric of the festival, from steering the festival at committee level down to restocking our food and beverage services and distributing information.
Specific roles include:
- steering committe membership (not as big a task as you might think),
- Publicity and marketing
- RSA work in food and beverage service
- traffic and street marshals for the safety of the community
- Sponsor and community liaisons to help in communications
- set up and backdown crews across our venues
as well as a number of foot soldiers who do the invaluable work of carrying the festival